How to Remove Waterproof Eyeliner? If you’ve ever experienced the frustration of trying to remove waterproof eyeliner, you know that it can be a pain. In this article, we’ll show you how to remove waterproof eyeliner with ease using different techniques.
Because waterproof eyeliner is resistant to moisture, it can be difficult to remove at the end of the day. These instructions for your skincare routine will teach you how to remove waterproof eyeliner and clean the area around your eyes carefully.
First, use a petroleum jelly remover to soften the liner. Then, use a cotton ball or pad to absorb the oil and remove the liner. Finally, use a makeup brush to clean up any excess.
What Is Waterproof Eyeliner?
Waterproof eyeliner is a type of makeup that resists moisture and prevents the eyeliner from coming off during wear. It consists of polymers and waxes that resist moisture and prevent the eyeliner from becoming smudged or transferred when worn under water or in sweat.
Some waterproof eyeliner also have a cry or swim formula that helps protect the liner from being wiped away by tears or water splashing.
How to Remove Waterproof Eyeliner with Makeup Remover?
Makeup removers can be used to remove eyeliner. Waterproof mascara and eye shadow can also be removed by following these instructions.
- Makeup remover of your choice: Consider your skin type while selecting a makeup remover. Makeup removers with hydrating and moisturizing characteristics, such as those based on milk or cream, are ideal for people with dry skin. Makeup artists recommend using micellar water, a mild product comprised of purified water and glycerin, for those with combination skin. If you have oily skin, use a micellar cleaning water or a gel-based remover
- Soak a cotton ball or pad in the solution: Soak a cotton pad in the eye makeup remover you’ve chosen and wipe your eyes clean. Soak the towel or cotton ball in three to four drops of product
- Place the pad directly in front of your eyes: Hold the cotton pad against your closed eyelids for twenty seconds while applying gentle pressure. Using the product will help remove the waterproof makeup’s adhesion and relax it slightly
- Remove the eyeliner with a cotton swab: Avoid squeezing or squeezing the cotton pad against the delicate skin around your eyes. To avoid damaging the sensitive skin around your eyes, gently brush away any residual eyeliner with an upward motion. Your eyelids should be positioned at the inner corner of the eye and you should begin by wiping a piece of cotton over them to remove any remaining liquid liner
- A cotton swab is the best tool for the job (optional): Wet a cotton swab and run it along your lower lash line to remove any eyeliner residue. Using a cotton swab to remove eye makeup off the waterline is a gentle and precise method
- Wash your face: Wash your face gently with a mild cleanser to remove any remaining debris or makeup. Use circular motions to massage the face wash into your skin, melting and removing any product buildup that has formed. To get rid of any leftover eyeliner pigments, perform a second cleaning
- Rinse and pat your face dry: Use a reusable cloth to pat your face dry after you’ve washed it with warm water. Lotion and eye cream are perfect for capping off your skincare routine
How to Remove Waterproof Eyeliner without Makeup Remover
Makeup remover or makeup wipes aren’t the only ways to remove waterproof makeup if you don’t have any on hand, have sensitive skin, or are at risk for eye discomfort. To remove eyeliner without using a makeup remover, simply follow the steps outlined below:
- Select an eyeliner remover: You can make your own makeup remover out of common home items like coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, and petroleum jelly. It helps to remove the adhesive compounds in waterproof eye makeup by loosening and breaking down cosmetics. A cleaning oil like coconut or olive oil is best for dry skin, while jojoba or petroleum jelly work best for oily and mixed skin types
- Use the product as directed: Apply the oil or petroleum jelly to the eye area after dispensing a pea-sized amount of the product. Massage the area for ten seconds in gentle circular motions or until the liquid lining disappears
- Rinse and pat your face dry: Finish removing your makeup by using your preferred facial wash. Before you conclude your skincare routine, wash your face with warm water and pat it dry gently with a clean towel
In conclusion, one way to remove waterproof eyeliner without irritating your eyes is to use a remover with acetone. Another is to use an ice pack on the eyelid for a few minutes before using a cotton ball soaked in warm water to clean it off. Lastly, always apply a sunscreen or eye cream after removing any makeup.